It's that time of year again.... we're another year older and hopefully wiser. Jason is the big 3-5 and I am 21. hahaha! Just add 10 to that, and that's my age. It's so weird to say, I'm in my 30's now. So weird! Our birthdays went as followed...
Friday March 11th 2011....
The kids went to school and the rest of us went to Yuba City. Woo hoo! We went to Jamba Juice. Home Depot. And Panda Express. And then came home and I made a cake for Jason and he mowed the back yard. Then we ate the cake and went to bed.
Saturday March 12th 2011....
I got up at 6:30am. Straightened the house. A nurse came at 7:30am to take our blood and fill out paper work to apply for life insurance. After she left, I made breakfast and we cleaned. The kids started out with the toy room and whined and complained the whole time. I worked on the rest of the house with a crying baby in the background. Jason worked on the front yard... which seemed like it took forever! I think he was taking his time so he wouldn't have to deal with the inside of the house. hahaha Of course I didn't get much done. The kids did finish the toy room and I asked them to do some other things. They whined, cried, and fought me to the T about it. They teased each other, made more messes, and I needed to just get away from them. So at about 2pm, I laid Ezra down by the piano and I sat down and just started playing. With the children fighting in the background, I got more and more lost in the music. And just as I was starting to feel at peace, our dumb dog was on the stool by the front window and saw a neighbor walk by and Malcolm barked so stinkin' loud that it scared the heck out of me and Ezra. I yelled at him and told him to go to his crate and as he was jumping off of the stool, he kicked it and it flew and landed on Ezra's head. Ezra started screaming and I got up and chased Malcolm ready to throw him in his crate.... but he got in there before I could get to him. I comforted Ezra and realized the kids were still fighting. So I put them all in time out and grounded them from several things. Around 4pm, I realized I hadn't yelled once, other than at Malcolm. And I could feel everything inside of me ready to erupt! So I went outside and swept like crazy. Just to get my frustration out! I couldn't believe how my children were behaving. They were being awful! They've never behaved that way before and I just wanted to cry. Thankfully, my family came at 6pm. If it weren't for them coming, I think I would've just left by myself for the evening and walked around the neighborhood until I knew everyone would be asleep at home. I am thankful I didn't lose my cool though and didn't do anything that I would regret later. Once the extended family was here though, life was good and I enjoyed hanging out with them all. To tell you the truth, I really hate birthdays. It seems as though ever since I was 23, something just awful has happened on every birthday almost. All but about 2 of them. I either have a seizure, or I'm way sick because I'm pregnant, or we all get the stomach flu, or Elijah breaks my glasses and I'm blind for the day. I just think it's funny now. But I do feel jinxed at times. ;-) So.... that was our birthdays. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
1 comment:
Happy birthday, britney!! I hope your next birthday is on some exotic island without any kids! :)
Post a Comment