Sunday, October 19, 2008

Elijah's Blessing!

We had the opportunity to have Elijah be blessed by Jason at church on Sunday Oct. 12th. This is always such an exciting time for us and it seems as though things happen before our baby blessings. I've realized that satan definately does not want us to enjoy such a special & important occasion. I was determined for everything to run smoothly this time though. It didn't quite work out the way I was hoping though, but it all ended up being a wonderful day! I hadn't gotten much sleep the few days before. Elijah was totally constipated and didn't sleep too much. Sadee was also having a hard time sleeping at night. So I was just so stinkin' exhausted and didn't have enough energy to get things done around the house that I needed to for the luncheon after the blessing. Saturday night I tried to clean as much as I could... because the house looked like it was hit by a tornado... and it was. We have a name for our tornado... Sadee! ;-) I stayed up cleaning until 2 am and then Sadee got up and so I took care of her for awhile. And then I layed down and Elijah got up and wouldn't go back to sleep. I ended up getting 2 hours of sleep that satursday night and the friday night before then I received 3 hours of sleep with no naps. Yes, a college student or teenager might be able to handle this amount of sleep.... but I can not!! I got up sunday morning and couldn't find any of the kids' clothes for church, the house was still a mess, Elijah's blessing outfit wasn't fitting because he's just a big kid, I couldn't find the church bag that had all the crayons and books for church, I couldn't find my shoes (they ended up being in the garage... our tornado took them out there), I couldn't find the kids' shoes, I was sooooooo tired and just felt like not wanting to go to church. But a thought kept coming to my mind.... If it's something Heavenly Father wants you to do, then do it... even if you don't want too! I always try to keep that as my philosophy in life. But I really really just wanted to call the blessing off, call my family and tell them to turn around and go to their own churches, and crawl up in a ball and go to sleep. But I couldn't... I couldn't let Satan stop such a wonderful event. Jason and I had to take 2 separate cars because I had to leave after sacrament and come home and finish cleaning and getting everything ready, in which I didn't want to, but I had to since I never finished what I needed to. So since I had to drive to church, I didn't put on makeup. (ya, my makeup stays in the car and I only put it on when I'm going somewhere) We showed up to church, almost late, and there was my family sitting there saving us spots... and they had to travel 40 mins and try to make it for 9am church. They're amazing!! I sat down and just felt frazzled and unahppy! I didn't even really smile at my family. They all looked at me and knew that I had a rough morning!! Ya, they know me all too well! I said a little prayer before the blessing that I would just feel happy. Jason started saying the blessing and boom!! this amazing feeling of comfort, peace, energy, happiness, & humility just hit me like a ton of bricks! It was like my tired, exhausted, negative feeliungs justy disappeared!! It felt sooo wonderful and I fellt like a new person. I just wanted to cry, I was so thankful!! After that, everything was perfect!! I am truly so thankful to my Father in Heaven for helping me that morning! He literally transformed me in seconds!! How could anyone not believe in Him? I know for a fact that He is real and He is there for us if we strive to do what's right and we ask Him for help! I don't know what I would do without Him!! I just want to cry thinking about it. But anyway, I just wanted to share this experience. Of course it's not major to any of you, but it is to me. And who says that miracles don't happen anymore? I beg to differ.... not only was that a miracle to me, but also the birth of every child that is born on this earth! Here is a picture of our latest miracle in his blessing outfit.... poor kid is bustin' out of it! :-) PS I took these pics at night after everyone had left, so he was really tired... hence the red eyes.




And here are the rest of our miracles.....

4 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

Congratualations. And, I love the picture at the end with you and all your kids. You should frame that. adorable.

The Finlays said...

What a great picture of you and all of your kiddos. I love it.

Larissa said...

Thanks for sharing your experience! Any young mom can definitely empathize with you! I think you really exemplified what Pres. Monson said at conference...about finding joy in the moment.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I love these pictures! You have a sweet family.