Sunday, December 28, 2008

Please keep Brian & Sandy Larsen in your prayers!

When I got home from church today, I listened to a message on our voicemail that my dad had left while we were at church. As soon as I heard my dad's voice, I knew something was wrong.... because he never calls us while we're at church. Yesterday was Brian Larsen's (my cousin) birthday. He and Sandy (his wife), went over to my other cousin's house, Jared, to celebrate. On their way home they were hit by a drunk driver that was speeding. The drunk driver hit them and another car. The driver tried to flee the scene by foot, but was caught. Sandy said she didn't see anyone come out of the other car as she was sitting in her car waiting for help. So hopefully the other people in the car are ok. Both Brian and Sandy are in the hospital in Roseville. Brian is in ICU right now with a bruised liver, broken ribs, and punctured lungs. Sandy's has some swelling in her spine, uncontrollable throwing up, and they believe she has head trauma. Please keep them both in your prayers. Sandy said that when it happened she felt as though someone was holding her body down in the car. They were definately protected! I'll keep you updated on everything when I find out more. I won't go off about how much I hate alcohol.... but I do. There is nothing ever good that comes from it! Just please keep them in your prayers! Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Cindy King said...

We also heard first thing this morning from a post on Erica's facebook. We have been so concerned about them and will continue to pray that all will be well!

Papa Paradigm said...

That is so sad. I hope they will get better soon. We will for sure keep them in our prayers.

Coop said...

Hoping you cousins are doing better and that all the extra care is just precautionary and that their injuries will turn out to be less severe than first thought.

Anonymous said...

They will definitely be in our prayers, I hope they heal quickly.

Parley and Katie Call said...

That is awful, I'm so sorry. I too, am saddened when I hear stories involving drunk drivers. It makes me crazy! I'm so sorry this happened to your family, we wish them a speedy recovery.