Tuesday, December 02, 2008

AKA

So I was watching House the other night and kept hearing all the nicknames they have for eachother. I started thinking about my nicknames throughout the years and how they all came about.... Brittney Meyer McOmber AKA....

Bert - yes, it is a strange one. When I was in 8th grade, I was hanging out with Jana Robertson and Nichole Studley all the time. And we decided to all have B nicknames. Nichole's was Bo, but I can't remember Jana's. (Jana, what was it?) But Bert has totally stuck throughout the years and my "back in the day" friends know me as that.

Claudia - thanks to Brian Cherry, Claudia Schiffer came about. Brian used to mock me because I was tall and blond and he and some of the other guys would mock me by pretending to be me walking down the runway. Especially when we would go into a grocery store together. They would even be so loud in the stores and say,"Claudia Schiffer, oh Claudia, can I get your autograph?" ARGH! They called me Claudia Schiffer for awhile and then just Claudia. And that's how Claudia came about. I have a few friends that still call me that, but not too many.

Brittney Cakes - I can't even remember how this one came about. It has something to do with Brent Collins and Monsieur Lanctot's french class!

Britt - for those that despise Britney Spears and don't even want to bring up her name. hahah... nah, I think it's just the lazy way of saying Brittney.

Brittney Mama - on eof my old roomates, Jacqie gave me this one. Only my "Provo Sparks Apartment friends" call me this

Mommy - well, now do we really need to say how that nickname came about?

That tall blond with glasses - yes, thats what I am.... but I'm starting to shrink... ahhhhhh!!!!!

The lady with the kids that look just like her husband/their dad - I hear this all the time. After seeing a video of me as a baby and a toddler, I have definately realized that our children look nothing like me. They resemble some traits from my family, but not mine. Strangers will even ask.. "Are they your kids?" or speaking to the kids "You kids must look just like your dad." Its true, I am just the carrier. But its all good... cause thats more than I could ever ask for.

Brittney Bundles - I used to dislike this name when I was little. But now I love it. Only 2 people called me this... Grandma & Grandpa King. When I was a teenager, they also called me "our little missionary". Grandma & Grandpa are now on the other side, but sometimes in my mind I can hear their voices calling me Brittney Bundles.

6 comments:

jana said...

Bo, Bert, and .... I have no idea! I have the worst memory for this stuff... Banana??? that's my only guess.

Cindy King said...

As I read through the names I thought, "Huh, what is her nickname?" And then I remembered Brittany Bundles! So glad to see you had that one on the list. Some of our other favorites from Grandma King were Bootsie boy for any grandson, Teddy Bear which I have adopted and now use myself, Zachary Zack shalac shalac, Cindy girl (or any other girl family member). Zac loves to call me on the phone and say that in his very best Grandma King voice! The first time he did that after she had passed away I actually did a double take! And then the variations of Reeree, Seesee, Breebree! What a great lady!

kk Leilani said...

Ahhh Brittney Bundles....you were Brittney aka S. Meyers to me! and I love that. You are homegirl fo sho. love all the names...people with nicknames...are endearing...love you

Parley and Katie Call said...

Don't forget PROCT!!!! That is your best name by far!!! :) ha ha Fun times.

Than and Erica said...

I would totally take your pictures. We'll be in town after Christmas probably towards New Years if you really wanted me to. :)

Mishie Moo said...

The whole concept of being mocked for looking like Claudia Schiffer just shows how absolutely dumb our guy friends were in high school.