This year we went up towards Buck's Lake with the McOmber Family to cut down our Christmas Tree. I love how organized the McOmber family is. They've really taught me a lot! We started out in the ville and it was so foggy and cold. As we started driving up the mountain, we got above the fog and the sun was out. It was beautiful! Unfortuantely, we had a some car sickness issues. Baylee and Isaiah both puked in the car..... it was nasty! I'm definately getting ginger snaps for next year! Anyway, one of the big disagreements between Jason and I is that he wants a 4x4 family vehicle.. example Suburban or an Expedition. I want a gas friendly family vehicle... example a minivan. We'll eventually have to get a Suburban because of the growth of our family. But as for now, I want to enjoy getting decent gas mileage. I always tell him that a minivan can go on dirt roads in the mountains without any problems.... well, this time I was wrong. AS we were driving on the dirt road to our spot... there was a deceivingly large rock that rolled up under our van. It kept scraping and it sounded awful! Jason, being the amazing rock crawler that he is, got off of the stone safely and looked under the car and relized that this rock made a huge dent in the oil pan under the transmission, or whatever it's called. He was also concerned that it made a whole in the gas tank, but thankfully didn't. And so the dent and scratch marks were the only damage, thank goodness!!! He didn't have to say anything... I knew what he was thinking. But my thinking is that we only go to the mountains like that 3 or 4 times a year and I drive to town and back 300 times a year. So I'm still all for the minivan. hahahah.... Anyway, we had a blast up there though and the kids were all so good. I love being able to spend time with family and creating happy fun memories. Well, here are some pics from our day....
Here is a picture of all of us! It's been 4 years since we've gotten a picture with all of us together! We're rarely altogether at the same time. Now that I think about it, it's been 4 years since we've had a pic together with the Meyer family too.
Tim is amazing! He brought his stove up and made scrambled eggs and Danny made hot chocolate. It definately hit the spot and was delicious!!
Brooklynn & Baylee love their cousin Elijah!





6 comments:
Looks like your family had such a great time!;)
Great pics! I'm sorry to hear about the rock scratching whatever it scratched. :) Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix.
Ask Jason if you guys can just get a lift kit for the van....Ive seen it done in Oroville, so why not?
FUN family tradition. I am with you on the minivan..but we are pushing the issue now in regards to room! I whacked a hole in in AC system when travelling from Houston to here--thos little whacks can be a large amount of money--I am glad yours was minimal!
Hello Brittney!
That was so nice of you to leave a comment on our blog (I know it's a weak blog, all pictures and no blog). It was great seeing Aunt Afton and Val and Craig. It has been too many years. My dad always talked about how much fun he and Afton had together. I couldn't pass through the area without stopping by. Next time I will spend more time and hopefully get to see a few relatives. I was great to meet your mother as well. I didn't know she was a native of Cache Valley. Small world. Have a Merry Christmas.
Kris Blauer
Looks like a blast...a rock fest if you will! This is definitely better than driving by Shopko to pick out the last Christmas tree...and the like. I love it.
Post a Comment