Saturday, September 25, 2010
He's Heeere!!
Ezra Val McOmber was born on Thursday, September 23rd 2010. He was a week early. Weighing in at 8lbs 9oz. 22" long. And who does he look like? A McOmber of course! Soooo.... my story wasn't as exciting as it was with Elijah, but it still had some fun twists and turns. On Wednesday at 1am, I started having contractions 10 mins apart, but they were bearable. They lasted until 5:30am and totally stopped. I went into my OB appt and he said that I was dialated to a 3cm. I of course was disappointed because of the previous night, but he set up an induction for me on the evening of the 23rd. Then at about 2pm... I started having contractions again, but they were so spiratic. And then at 9pm... they hit hard.. every 15 mins. Then 8 mins... then 12 mins. By 1am, they were consistantly 10 mins apart. I called the hospital at midnight and they told me to wait awhile. Then I called at 1:30am and told them that I was coming in. I woke Jason up, my mom and dad and cami, called my inlaws and we quickly started getting things together. While I was up and moving, they became 2-3 mins. apart. That freaked me out! My mom grabbed a bunch of sheets and gloves, just in case and we went and grabbed Lauren and took off at 2:02am. Once I sat down and started relaxing, the contractions went to 7-8 mins. Jason got to Marysville in 12 mins. But of course getting through Maryville took forever! He had the hazards on and people were kind enough to pull over. We ended up getting to the hospital in 45 mins.... which usually takes at least an hour and 20 mins on a good day. We got there and I was dialted to a 5. I was exhausted by this point. Since I had been up since 1 the previous morning. So, I requested an epidural, for the first time ever! To tell you the truth, I've always been so proud of the fact that I have never used pain meds... other than with Sadee and that did nothing but mess with my mind! But my delivery's go very quick, so I never needed too. The nurse anestisist was hilarious! He gave me the epidural at 4am, but I could feel it on my right side and hip. So he came in and upped my dosage because he said I was so tall. The pain went away and then the nurses came in and lowered the dosage. The pain came back on the left side and the anestisist came in a brought it back up. They broke my water at 5am and I just sat there, watching the monitor. It was the weirdest thing ever not feeling the excruciating pain! I could still feel some, but it was totally managable. At about 8am, we were all so tired and Jason was a ball of nerves because I hadn't had the baby yet. I normally would've by that time because of the pain and me forcing the pushing part. With each contraction, it brought him down further and further without me forcing it. Finally at 9am everyone was there and telling me that it was time to push. My legs were so numb that I couldn't hold them up. They were flopping around everywhere if someone let go of them. So I was just sitting there and they said, ok, push. So I pushed 3 times and there he was! It was the strangest experience ever!! No major pain and he was there. I didn't feel like I got hit by a truck or anything! No major problems at all because I didn't force the pushing and he came when he was ready. It was soooo nice! But I definitely don't regret not having the meds with my other kids. Every delivery is different and each one might need something different. So our precious little boy was finally here!! It was no surprise seeing him, because he looked just like the rest of the kids. He had no problem with latching on and everything was awesome! We were just all sooo tired! I got to my room and mom, Lauren and Jason took off. And it was just Ezra and me! Did I get any rest in the hospital? Of course not. But I LOVE the food! And I miss it so much. I miss the nurses pampering me and bringing me choclate pudding and grahm crackers in the middle of the night. And i think I took an hour shower, which I've never done before. AS for visitor's, we never get too many. I kinda feel bad for my babies. Cami came and saw us though, which was soooo nice! And the next morning, my good friend Joalea and her girls came and saw us. And the kids anbd Jason all came to come and pick us up. The kids love him sooo much and they just want to hold him all the time. Anyway, recovery is going slow but well. The more kids you have the more cramping one gets though, which I can say is very true! But I'm thankful that I can at least walk. As for sleeping and resting, thats not happening. I guess it's all part of the game though. Life is good and I'm just so thankful that he's here with us, safe and sound. I just love snuggling with him! Here are some pictures of the first few days of his life....






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats McOmber Family. That's awesome, he's so cute.
Wow! He really fits in-funny you can see some resemblances instantly. He is a handsome boy.
Post a Comment