Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life

Living with my parents - Everyone thinks that living back home for would be hard. But in reality, it is wonderful!! The hardest part is keeping the kids out of my parents hair so they can get some rest too. I truly have been blessed to have the best parents ever! They are such great examples to us and I appreciate all they do. They are patient, loving and kind, encouraging, and despite what others do or don't do for them, they still love them unconditionally. They are truly Christlike people! People have commented to me saying how nice it would be to have free babysitting and someone to cook and clean all the time. Well, the only time they've babysat for us is when I had the baby. But we do our best to stay on top of the cleaning and we cook during the week while my mom cooks on sundays. We work together as a family! Interesting concept huh? Mommy isn't the only one that does everything. It is nice having people to talk too and work with. I will miss them soooo much when we move. I figure this is probably the last time in our life that we'll have an opportunity to spend time like this with them. Thank you mom and dad for all that you do!!

Social life - well this one is easy... cause living in Oroville, the only social life we have is going to church and talking with our parents. And occasionally, on sunday nights, Cami and her friend Beckah hang out and we play games. But that's about it. I miss my Plumas Lake friends a lot and can't wait to get back to chillin' with them and their kids.

House - Well, escrow is starting on the house we're trying to buy in Plumas Lake and it will close on Nov. 11th! I can hardly believe it! It's interesting, because when we were living there, I wasn't a big fan of the house. I felt like it was alright, but not right for me. It has stairs, and I have bad knees. The backyard wasn't done. It wasn't as close to the school as I wanted it.. ect ect. I was acting like a spoiled rotten little child. But now that we have had to move away from PL, our friends, and the school... I have realized how great the house is and how thankful I am for it! I am sooo excited now!!

Helping others - As some of you know, I love to help people. I love to be there for them and uplift them and be there for them through tough times in their life. I have many many many friends through the years that have come to me for counsel on their lives and marriage. This is something that is very very fragile to deal with and I always go into it with prayer... whether they're members or not. I also have no problems with calling the cops or CPS on anytype of abuse situations. Well, since living here, I have struggled with it. I've been so tired and feeling so weak, that I didn't feel confident enough to make decisions concerning calling the cops or CPS. For example... our neighbors. 1 mom, 1 dad, 2 daughters. The daughters play here all the time. The mom works. And the dad stays home and watches the girls. Well, to us, abuse is obviously in the home. We've heard it, we've seen it... but why didn't I call the cops? Why was it so hard for me to know if I should call CPS or not? Because my judgement was so clouded and when I tried to pray about calling, I've been so out of it that I never felt confident about the answer that I was getting to call CPS. Well, thank goodness someone else called the cops on this man, and he is now in jail for 10 years and his daughters are safe. I've realized how important it is that when you get an answer to something, even if you're not sure, you need to listen and do what the Lord tells you to do! I'm just so glad these girls won't be scared to go into their home anymore.

Jason - Jason's work schedule has been so screwy. He'll work nights for a week. Then from home for a week, then days for a week. But we are thankful for his job. Right now he's home for 2 weeks to take care of me and the kids. He's seriously amazing and I'm so thankful that he's doing all of this without any complaints. He's also a great cook! I'm so blessed to have him as my eternal companion!

Isaiah - Isaiah loves going outside to ride his bike after school. He loves having the independence of walking to and from school without mommy and daddy by his side. He loves to play with the neighborhood kids, when they're behaving. He definitely misses his PL friends and school though and can't wait to get back.

Maci - Maci makes the best out of everything. Despite the fact that she misses her friends in PL, she tries to make new friends here at school. She loves going outside to play with the neighbors and she is such a great helper! She's doing well and loves life!

Sadee - Sadee is in preschool and is actually the minority. Nothing is wrong with that. But she definitely feels out of place. She tries so hard to play with the other kids, but they just stick with each other. It kinda bothers me that her preschool focusses so much on spanish as well. Shouldn't the spanish kids be learning english? She loves to play with the neighbors though and is so funny and fiesty. She loves living with Grandma and Grandpa!

Elijah - Elijah is doing good. He is a great big brother! He has a problem wth sleeping though and doesn't do it too often. He loves Caillou and cookies! He loves to go outside and play with the neighbors and his siblings. His teeth are getting fixed this week! Yahooo!! He loves to break Grandma and Grandpas stuff too! He's always moving and on the go. He's a great kid!

Ezra - I'll be doing a post on Ezra soon.

Malcolm - Malcolm is a great dog. Just annoying when you're living in someone elses house. He slobbers like crazy and hes always wanting to go in and out of the house. And he want to be held and snuggled with. He wants and needs just as much as attention as a human. He is a great watchdog though and keeps the riff raff away. And he loves the kids so much and is very protective of them.

So that is our life in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Coop said...

I am confused - are you buying the house that you used to live in, or a different house in Plumas Lakes? Good luck with it all either way :D