Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Goin' to the Temple!
It has been years since Jason and I have gone to the Temple together! We always plan to go and then something happens. Usually its a sick child. But we were finally able to go yesterday. On Memorial Day, the Gridley Stake had their Stake Temple Day. They even provided babysitting at the Stake Center right next to the Temple. But my wonderful dad graciously offered to watch the kids so Jason and I could go in together. It has actually been a very long time since I've gone and I will admit, I was very anxious. I couldn't even sleep the night before because I was so excited! My mom was able to come with us and we did sealings. I loved every second of it and didn't want to leave. The kids had a lot of fun with my dad too and Elijah was fine. All I now is ever since attending the Temple, I feel so renewed and alive. Not too many of you see me on a regular basis. But lately I've been tired, ornery, yelling at my kids a lot, frustrated with my husband, and just not patient with anyone. Yes, itt's only been 24 hours, but I've had so much energy today. I've been loving every second of being a mom and I haven't yelled at my kids once. I have decided that I am going to make it a priority to go as much as possible because it is definitely needed to make a person happier and more patient in life. It's so much easier to live life more fully when you have the right perspective on life. I am so thankful for the Temple and the blessings that come from attending it. Here are a few pics from our day.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You have the cutest family! The Temple is wonderful - especially when you can go with your hubby!;)
Yay, Yay, Yay!!! So glad you all had a great time!
:D
So beautiful! I feel like I take the temple for granted so much, living out here. I'm glad you were able to go.
So glad you got to go! Looks like such a beautiful day!
Post a Comment